Privacy & Policy
Workers Direct (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC) The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course.
Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice but will only apply once the GDPR becomes law on 25th May 2018.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is Workers Direct Ltd, 344-348 High Road, Ilford. IG1 1QP
Who We Are & What We Do?
We are a recruitment agency and recruitment business as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (our business). We also provide consultancy services. We collect the personal data of the following types of people to allow us to undertake our business;
- Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or temporary roles;
- Prospective and live client contacts;
- Supplier contacts to support our services;
- Employees, consultants, temporary workers;
We collect information about you to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
Information you give to us or we collect about you.
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site – www.outsource-uk.co.uk – (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site.
The information you give us or we collect about you may include your name, address, private and corporate e-mail address and phone number, financial information, compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the United Kingdom, curriculum vitae and photograph, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
Information we obtain from other sources.
This is information we obtain about you from other sources such as Totaljobs, corporate websites, job board websites, online CV libraries, your business card, or personal recommendations. In this case we
will inform you, by sending you this privacy notice, within a maximum of 30 days of collecting the data of the fact we hold personal data about you, the source the personal data originates from and whether it came from publicly accessible sources, and for what purpose we intend to retain and process your personal data.
We are working closely with third parties including Broadbean, Daxtra, and various job boards. We may receive information about you from them for the purposes of our recruitment services and ancillary support services.
Purposes of the processing and the legal basis for the processing.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we intend to enter into or have entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us or we think will be of interest to you because it is relevant to your career or to your organisation.
To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, been provided with or enquired about.
The core service we offer to our candidates and clients is the introduction of candidates to our clients for the purpose of temporary or permanent engagement. However, our service expands to supporting individuals throughout their career and to supporting businesses’ resourcing needs and strategies.
Our legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate business interests, described in more detail below, although we will also rely on contract, legal obligation and consent for specific uses of data.
We will rely on contract if we are negotiating or have entered into a placement agreement with you or your organisation or any other contract to provide services to you or receive services from you or your organisation.
We will rely on legal obligation if we are legally required to hold information on to you to fulfil our legal obligations.
We will in some circumstances rely on consent for particular uses of your data and you will be asked for your express consent, if legally required. Examples of when consent may be the lawful basis for processing include permission to introduce you to a client (if you are a candidate).
Our Legitimate Business Interests
Our legitimate interests in collecting and retaining your personal data is described below:
As a recruitment business and recruitment agency we introduce candidates to clients for permanent employment, temporary worker placements or independent professional contracts. The exchange of personal data of our candidates and our client contacts is a fundamental, essential part of this process.
In order to support our candidates’ career aspirations and our clients’ resourcing needs we require a database of candidate and client personal data containing historical information as well as current resourcing requirements.
To maintain, expand and develop our business we need to record the personal data of prospective candidates and client contacts.
Consent Should we want or need to rely on consent to lawfully process your data we will request your consent orally, by email or by an online process for the specific activity we require consent for and record your response on our system. Where consent is the lawful basis for our processing you have the right to withdraw your consent to this particular processing at any time.
Other Uses we will make of your data:
- Use of our website;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you andfor your computer.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, andto deliver relevant advertising to you;
We will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Clients for the purpose of introducing candidates to them;
- Candidates for the purpose of arranging interviews and engagements;
- Clients, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance and complianceobligations of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Subcontractors including email marketing specialists, event organisers, payment and otherfinancial service providers
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of oursite;
- Credit reference agencies, our insurance broker, compliance partners and other sub-contractorsfor the purpose of assessing your suitability for a role where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Workers Direct Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Their own legitimate business interests in processing your personal data, in most cases to fulfil their internal resourcing needs;
- Satisfaction of their contractual obligations to us as our data processor;
- For the purpose of a contract in place or in contemplation;
- To fulfil their legal obligations.Where we store and process your personal dataThe data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (”EEA”). It may be transferred to third parties outside of the EEA for the purpose of our recruitment services. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, our recruitment services and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected]